- 1 pound Lentilsdried, washed and sorted
- 2-3 ounces Salt porkdiced
- 1½ cups Onionchopped
- 1 cup Celerysliced
- ½ cup Carrotssliced
- 1 medium clove Garlicminced
- ¼ cup Butter
- 8 cups Water
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) Tomato juicecocktail vegetable juice
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Thymedried leaf, crushed
- ½ tsp Black pepperfreshly ground
- 1 Bay leaf
Lentil Soup with Salt Pork
This wholesome and hearty Lentil Soup with Salt Pork will warm your soul. This soup is full of nutritional ingredients from a medley of colorful, chopped vegetables and an aroma from the melting salt pork that will pleasantly fill your kitchen.
Lentils are full of protein and high in fiber with tastes that match perfectly to suit the pork and other vegetables.
To make Lentil Soup with Salt Pork, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Lentil Soup with Salt Pork?
Steps to make Lentil Soup with Salt Pork