- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup (60g ) Yellow onionsfinely chopped
- ½ cup (60g) Celeryfinely chopped
- ½ cup (60g) Carrotsfinely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlicfinely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 4 cups (1000ml) Vegetable stock
- 1 cup (200g) Can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup (150g) Lentilsgreen or brown
- ½ cup (50g) Sun-dried tomatoesroughly chopped
- Saltto taste
- 1 cup (160g) Cannellinicanned, drained and rinsed
- Black pepperas needed
- Fresh dillchopped, as needed
Quick Mediterranean-Style Lentil Soup
This Quick Mediterranean-Style Lentil Soup is the perfect recipe for soup weather. It’s easy, healthy, and tastes even better the next day, so make a large batch. Serve the soup with a side of garlic toast for a complete meal. The recipe was tested in a 900 watts microwave, so adjust cooking times to suit your microwave.
You will need a deep microwave-safe cooking pot with a lid. Add in the olive oil, chopped vegetables, and tomato paste. Cover and cook on high until the veggies are tender. Next, add the vegetable stock, crushed tomatoes, lentils, sun-dried tomatoes, and salt to taste. Stir to combine and microwave until the lentils are tender. Add in the cannellini beans and cook until the beans are heated through. Season with black pepper and add more stock if needed. Serve hot garnished with fresh dill. Enjoy!
To make the Quick Mediterranean-Style Lentil Soup, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Quick Mediterranean-Style Lentil Soup
In a microwave-safe cooking pot with a lid, combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion, ½ cup finely chopped celery, ½ cup finely chopped carrot, 4 finely chopped garlic cloves, and 2 tablespoons tomato paste. Cover with the lid and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Add stock, tomatoes and lentils