- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onionchopped
- 1 lb (500 g) Chicken thighsboneless, skinless
- 10 oz (300 g) Potatoessmall new
- 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) Vegetable stocklow-sodium
- 12 oz (350 g) Broccolicut into small florets
- 12 oz (350 g) Mixed greensspring greens, shredded
- 5 oz (140 g) Green peas
- 1 bunch Spring onionssliced
- 2 tbsp Pestogreen, homemade or store-bought
- Black pepperfreshly ground, to taste
Spring Chicken in a Pot
This simple recipe for Spring Chicken in a Pot offers a light and vibrant weeknight dinner that feels extra special. Chock-full of seasonal vegetables like new potatoes, broccoli, spring greens, green peas and spring onions, as well as chicken, it’s the ultimate feel-good food. Serve hot with a swirl of homemade green pesto. I like this bright pepita pesto with baby spinach and parsley. It is fast and easy to make, and once done, you will wonder why you ever bought it.
Start out by cooking up the onion, then add the chicken, potatoes, and vegetable stock. Simmer until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked. Next, stir in the veggies and greens and cook for another 5 minutes. Finish the dish off with a swirl of green pesto and serve hot. Enjoy!
To make the Spring Chicken in a Pot, you will need the following ingredients.
Steps to make Spring Chicken in a Pot
Add potatoes and stock