- 1 ½ pounds Chicken Breastboneless, skinless
- 1 head Garlichalved crosswise
- 2 leaves Bay leaf
- 4 whole Allspice berries
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher Saltplus more
- 8 oz Shiitake mushroomsor maitake , torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Red chilifresh , such as Fresno, thinly sliced
- 1 (1 inch) piece Fresh gingerpeeled, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp White vinegardistilled
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Black pepperfreshly ground , to taste
- Scallionssliced , for serving
- Cilantrosprigs ,for serving
Brothy Poached Chicken with Mushrooms
This Brothy Poached Chicken with Mushrooms and Fresh Chili is a super healthy and delicious Spring soup recipe. I love when the seasons change each year, and invariably the recipes I choose to cook in my kitchen change too to reflect the weather outside.
This light and delicious soup can be made by poaching chicken breasts in broth with garlic, bay leaves, allspice and salt. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot and shred it. Strain the broth into a new saucepan. Add mushrooms, chili, ginger, vinegar and soy sauce to the broth. Bring the broth to a boil. Return the chicken to the broth before serving, garnished with scallions and cilantro.
To make the Brothy Poached Chicken with Mushrooms and Fresh Chili, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Brothy Poached Chicken with Mushrooms
Shred the chicken
Add remaining ingredients
Add 8 ounces of mushrooms, 1 thinly sliced chili, 1 finely chopped piece of ginger, 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce to the broth. Bring the broth to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 8–10 minutes, until the broth is rich and full of flavor.