- 2 cups Long grain ricewhite, such as jasmine
- about 2 ¼ cups Chicken stockor store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Fish sauceplus more as needed
- 4 ½ tbsp Rendered chicken fator other neutral oil, or a combination, divided
- 4 large stalks Celerycut on the diagonal into ⅛- to ¼-inch-thick pieces
- 1 ¼ cups Chickentorn or coarsely shredded cooked
- Sea saltfine
- Black pepperfreshly ground
Chicken and Celery Rice
This easy Chicken and Celery Rice recipe is a flavorful dish made with cooked chicken, sautéed celery, and aromatic rice. A humble dish made from simple pantry staples that are really easy to throw together. It’s satisfying, comforting, and delicious.
Start with the rice. Wash the rice and place in a fine-mesh strainer to drain. In the meantime, heat the chicken stock. Next, melt the rendered chicken fat and stir in the rice. Cook the rice for a few minutes, then pour in the hot stock. While the rice cooks, cook the celery until bright green and start to soften. Add in the cooked chicken and let it warm through. Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the heat and add in the chicken and celery. Let sit for 10 minutes, covered, to continue cooking. Use a fork to fluff the rice and stir in the chicken and celery. If the rice is too dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and let rest for another 10 minutes before serving.
To make the Chicken and Celery Rice, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Chicken and Celery Rice
Wash and drain rice
Heat chicken stock
Heat chicken fat and add rice
Add hot stock
Combine rice and chicken mixture
Turn off the heat under the rice and add the celery and chicken, spreading them on top. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes to continue cooking. Use a fork to fluff the rice and stir in the chicken and celery. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water if the rice is too dry. Cover and let rest for another 10 minutes.