- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ½ Onionchopped
- 3 sprigs Thymeleaves picked
- 1 small Potatoesyukon gold or ½ russet , peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups Chicken brothlow-sodium
- 4 cups Mixed wilted greenschopped (such as Boston, romaine, arugula, iceberg, red oak, and/or green oak)
- 1½ cups Frozen peasthawed
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Kosher Saltto taste
- Ground pepperfreshly , to taste
- Crème fraîcheto taste
- Fresh herbschopped , such as chives, tarragon, mint, and/or parsley
Wilted Greens Soup with Crème Fraîche
This Wilted Greens Soup with Crème Fraîche is my favorite way to use up those greens which aren’t crisp or fresh enough for a salad, but work perfectly in a soup. Waste not want not, right?!
This soup is super easy to make too. Start by sautéing onions in butter with some thyme leaves. Add potato cubes and sauté for two more minutes. Pour in broth before adding wilted greens, frozen peas and some sugar. Once the soup is cooked, blend it in a food processor until smooth. Serve garnished with crème fraîche and freshly chopped herbs.
To make Wilted Greens Soup with Crème Fraîche, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Wilted Greens Soup with Crème Fraîche?
Steps to make Wilted Greens Soup with Crème Fraîche
Pour in broth
Add greens, peas and sugar