- 10 cups Soft pretzel rollcubes, about 8 standard pretzels
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3-4 stalks Celerysmall, diced
- 3 Carrotsmedium, small diced
- 1 Onionmedium, small diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 cloves Garlicfinely minced
- ½ tsp Seasoningpoultry
- 2 tsp Parsleychopped, fresh
- 1 tbsp Sagechopped, fresh
- 1 tbsp Thymechopped, fresh
- 1 lb Sausageschicken or other lean
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Chicken brothlow-sodium
Pretzel and Sausage Stuffing
Pretzel and Sausage Stuffing is a good way to shake up the traditional turkey roast dinner this year. I always try to put a unique twist on our Thanksgiving meal and this was last year’s attempt. It went down really well with my guests and I know it will with yours too!
I start by toasting the pretzel chunks in the oven. Then I sauté some veggies and mix these with the pretzel chunks in a large bowl. Next I fry some sausage in a pan and add that to the pretzel mixture. I make an eggy broth which binds the stuffing together before cooking it in the oven for 45 minutes.
To make Pretzel and Sausage Stuffing, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Pretzel and Sausage Stuffing?
Steps to make Pretzel and Sausage Stuffing
Heat the oven and prepare a baking dish
Toast the pretzel cubes
Add parsley, sage and thyme
Cook the sausage
Drain and add sausage to the pretzel mixture
Mix eggs and broth
Assemble the stuffing
Thank you! Approved!
Write your own review