- 1 (1-lb) ball Pizza doughhomemade or store-bought
- All-purpose flourfor rolling out the dough
- 1 tbsp Cornmeal
- 1 tsp Olive oilfor brushing
- 1 ½ cups Mozzarellalow-moisture, grated
- 1 cup Sweet Cherriespitted and halved
- 1 cup Feta cheesecrumbled, divided
- 1 pinch Salt
- Black pepperfreshly ground, to taste
- Red pepper flakesoptional, to taste
- Balsamic glaze
Summer Pizza with Cherries and Feta
This Summer Pizza with Cherries and Feta is a big winner! With just a few simple ingredients, you can make an awesome pizza that is packed with tons of flavor in under 15 minutes. For sure, homemade pizza dough is a tasty weekend project, but sometimes I want the same delicious flavor without all that fuss. And that’s where the store-bought pizza dough comes in. For this recipe, I use whole wheat pizza dough but feel free to choose your favorite.
It’s cherry season, and I have a great recipe to share with you! Since cherries and feta go remarkably well together, it makes sense to combine them not only into a salad. So swap the tomato sauce and give your pizza a makeover by topping with fresh cherries and two types of cheese. Garnish with a drizzle of tangy balsamic glaze to provide the perfect balance to the sweet summer fruit and enjoy!
To make the Summer Pizza with Cherries and Feta, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Summer Pizza with Cherries and Feta
Preheat the oven to 475 °F.
Roll out dough
Sprinkle with mozzarella
Add cherries and feta
Add more feta, microgreens, and balsamic glaze