For the crust:
- 2½ cups All-purpose flour
- Kosher Salt
- 12 tbsp (1½ sticks) Unsalted butter½-inch-diced, cold
- 2 extra-large Egg yolkscold
- ½ cup ice Water
For the filling:
- 2 ½ pounds firm medium Tomatoescored and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 cup Parsleywhole fresh parsley leaves, lightly packed
- ½ cup Basilcoarsely chopped fresh leaves, lightly packed
- 3 cloves Garliclarge
- 1 tbsp Thymefresh leaves
- Kosher Salt
- Black pepper
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 6 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¾ pound Gruyère cheesegrated
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp Parmesan cheesefreshly grated
Delicious and cheesy Tomato Tart that has a flaky crust on the outside and a soft tomato center on the inside. Made from sliced tomatoes, fresh parsley and basil leaves, garlic, thyme, dijon mustard and topped with sprinkles of grated and melted Parmesan and Gruyere cheese.
Delicious for a lunchtime snack and keeps well for 2-3 days in the fridge.
To make Tomato Tart, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Tomato Tart?
Steps to make Tomato Tart
Add egg yolks
Add ice water
Preheat oven and prepare baking sheet
Preheat the oven to 450 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes then remove the top sheet pan or baking beans, if using. Using a fork, lightly pierce the pastry, evenly, all over and place back in the oven to bake for a further 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. If any spots in the pastry begin to bubble while baking, pierce through with the fork.
Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Lower the oven to 375 °F.
Add mustard and cheese
Top with cheese