- 4 medium (~⅓ lb each) Sweet potatoesrinsed and scrubbed
- 1 (15-oz) can Chickpeasrinsed and drained
- ½ tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ½ tsp Coriander
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprikaor regular
- 1 pinch Sea saltor lemon juice, optional
- ¼ cup Hummusor tahini
- ½ Lemonmedium, juiced, ½ lemon yields 1 tbsp juice
- ¾ - 1 tsp Dilldried or sub 2-3 tsp fresh per ¾ - 1 tsp dried
- 3 cloves Garlicminced, 3 cloves yield ~1 ½ tbsp
- Wateror unsweetened almond milk, to thin
- Sea saltto taste, optional
- ¼ cup Cherry tomatoesdiced
- ¼ cup Parsleychopped, minced
- ½ Red onionfinely chopped
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Chili garlic sauceto taste
Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes
After the excesses of the festive season, these Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes are just the thing for a simple, healthy yet satisfying dinner. Perfectly roasted sweet potato topped with crispy chickpeas and creamy garlic-herb sauce garnished with a fresh parsley tomato salad. Hearty winter dish at its best!
This recipe is easy to throw together. To speed the cooking time, I prefer to cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Increase the baking time to 45 minutes and up to 1 hour if you bake them whole. I also recommend lining your baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up. If you don’t have any hummus at home, you can definitely use tahini instead. Just add more seasonings to spice up the tahini sauce, and you are good to go.
To make the Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes, you will need the following ingredients:
Steps to make Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes
Heat oven and prepare baking sheet
Prepare sweet potatoes
While the chickpeas and sweet potatoes are roasting, in a mixing bowl, place ¼ cup hummus or tahini, juice of ½ medium lemon, ¾ - 1 teaspoon dried dill or sub 2-3 teaspoons fresh, 3 minced cloves garlic and whisk to combine. Add enough water or almond milk to thin the sauce and make it pourable. Alternatively, use tahini instead of hummus. Adjust seasonings to taste if needed.
Prepare parsley-tomato topping
I’m no vegan but I love it! Delicious vegetable dish! Thanks!
Write your own review