- 1½ lb Heirloom tomatoessliced ¼" thick
- 2 cups All-purpose flourplus more for dusting
- 2¼ tsp Kosher Saltdivided
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) Butterchilled unsalted, cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlicthinly sliced
- 4 oz Cheesefirm vegetarian cheese (such as Asiago, cheddar, or Gouda), finely grated
- 1 Eggslarge, beaten to blend
- Sea saltflaky , to taste
- Black pepperfreshly ground , to taste
- ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Chivesfinely chopped
This Tomato Galette is better than any tart or pie you’ll ever try. With a soft and tasty tomato and chives center filling wrapped in crispy and flaky, homemade pastry, it’s absolutely divine.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, no matter the occasion, this dish serves up perfectly every time. Enjoy it with a serving of sour cream or sweet chili sauce on the side!
To make Tomato Galette, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how to make Tomato Galette?
Steps to make Tomato Galette
Add vinegar and ice water
Preheat oven to 400 °F.
Season tomato mix
Prepare dough to fill
Add tomatoes and garlic