- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepperground
- 3 pounds Beefstew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Tomatoeschopped
- 3 large Onionchopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can Tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tsp Garlicminced, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Ground paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 3 Bay leaf
- 3 cups 3/4-inch Carrotschunks
- 3 cups 3/4-inch Potatoeschunks
- 2 cups Mushroomsfresh, quartered
Alita’s Tomato Beef Stew
This Alita’s Tomato Beef Stew is a great stew to make for a crowd. As fall turns to winter each year, my neighborhood has a street feast where we meet up for the final time before the winter weather sets in.
I always make a large pot of this stew and it goes down really well with the neighbors! Don’t let the long list of ingredients put you off, it is actually a super easy recipe to prepare. I think tomato base of this stew makes a nice change from traditional beef stew.
To prepare this stew, I simply brown the meat first. Then I add the most of the remaining ingredients, bring it to a boil and simmer. Towards the end, I add the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms in stages. By the end of the cooking time, I have a rich tomatoey beef stew which will feed the masses!
To make Alita’s Tomato Beef Stew, you will need the following ingredients:
So, how do you make Alita’s Tomato Beef Stew?
Steps to make Alita’s Tomato Beef Stew
Coat the beef
Heat the oil
Brown the beef
Make the sauce
Stir in mushrooms